Welcome to Operations Bridge Analytics, an analysis tool that provides a unified approach to manage and solve simple and complex IT operations problems.
In the complex data center environments, the source of a problem is not always easy to detect using traditional management and troubleshooting tools that look only for pre-determined solutions to known potential problems. For example, many management and troubleshooting tools are designed to provide analytics for a specific problem context, such as root cause isolation, outlier detection, and service level agreement violation. They provide these services by using a specific data set and analytics technique.
With Operations Bridge Analytics you generate insights from the data in your IT environment that you choose to collect. And because identifying the most useful analytics to derive from the data generally depends on the problem context, with Operations Bridge Analytics you, the user, provide each data request in the form of a search query.
Operations Bridge Analytics enables you to use simple search queries using the Phrased Query Language (PQL) to view metric, topology, event, and log file information related to the context you specify. Operations Bridge Analytics also enables you to use its Analytics Query Language (AQL) for more precise searches; for example, when you know the exact log file message or combination of analytics required to troubleshoot a problem.
When entering a search query, Operations Bridge Analytics offers suggestions as you type. It then uses your query to analyze the information available and displays the most important and related metrics.
Operations Bridge Analytics processes data according to your search query. These results assist you with the following kinds of tasks:
- Identify and analyze the pattern of problems in your IT environment.
- Identify the cause of resource or application usage problems.
- Troubleshoot server and network performance problems.
- Identify configuration or inventory changes.
Capabilities are as follows:
- Dashboards. Operations Bridge Analytics allows you to create your own dashboard or to use one of the out-of-the-box dashboards. Dashboards are collections of Query Panes, which display specific metrics in your choice of visual representations. The dashboards can also display the log viewer. For more details, see Interact with dashboards.
- Search. To use Operations Bridge Analytics, you must first define the context of the problem or area for which you want information. To do so, use the Search Query field. Operations Bridge Analytics then uses the search query you specify to determine the related metrics, topology, inventory, event, and log file information to display. For more details, see Search for elements and text.
- Predictive Analytics. Predictive analytics enables you to generate a prediction line for one or more metrics based on past behavior and seasonal trends. For more details, see Use predictive analytics.
- Log and Event Analytics. A forensic tool that helps you locate the most significant messages in a given time range. For more details, see Manage Log and Event Analytics.
- Alerts. You can configure Operations Bridge Analytics to send different types of alerts based on criteria you define. For details, see Configure alerts.
- Track Logs and Events. You can specify message groups or parameters to track and treat as metrics. This allows you to view data trends over time in a graphical format. Additionally, this enables analytic operations such as correlations, alerts, predictive analytics, etc. on specified texts in the tracked entities. For details, see Track message groups and parameters.
- Correlation. You can take a group of metrics and compare each metric to every other metric in the group with one click. This allows you to determine how closely related the data over time is for different metrics. With this feature, it is possible to identify connections and relationships between problematic metrics and tracked logs. For details, see Correlate metrics.
We recommend starting with one of the following tasks:
- Use the OA Environment Overview dashboard to help determine, at a glance, problem areas to investigate more closely in your IT environment.
Enter a search query that defines the context of the problem you are trying to solve.
For example, you might query for CPU utilization information for a specific host name or for memory utilization for all database instances for a specified application.
As you type, Operations Bridge Analytics provides a list of suggestions to help define the context of the problem you are trying to get information about. See Search for elements and text for more information.
Select an existing dashboard from the Dashboards menu.
Create a new dashboard by selecting New from the Dashboards menu.