The integration of HP Operations Log Intelligence (OLI) or ArcSight Logger with HP Operations Manager (HPOM) enriches IT operations with log management as follows:
- The first integration use case enables HPOM users to create a searchable, long term archive for HPOM events. HPOM events are stored and indexed in Logger/OLI. This use case applies to HPOM and HP OMi.
- The second use case pushes events that are logged in Logger/OLI to HPOM and HP OMi. Logger/OLI captures events from many sources. This integration use case enables HPOM and HP OMi users to configure events or event pattern forwarding from Logger/OLI to HPOM.
- Events in HPOM usually archived rapidly after the issue has been resolved.
- However, interesting information can be found in the history of events.
- Top 10 events.
- Top applications or hosts that generate events.
- Average daily incoming event rate in the last week.
The Integration works for both ArcSight Logger and OLI.
Comprehensive log management and understanding machine data from an operations, compliance, risk and security point of view helps organizations better manage their IT. Here are a few advantages of comprehensive log management:
- Collection of logs from any log-generating source
- Categorization and normalization of the log data to filter, parse, and enrich the events
- Aggregation of logs into an indexed, common event format for search capabilities
- Easy search capability for the IT operations team to search past events
- Long retention of events, and easy access of those events for audit purposes
- Automated compliance reporting
Documentation for this integration can be found using the following link:
See the latest versions of:
If you do not have a Protect 724 account yet, please go to https://protect724.arcsight.com and click Register.
|Operations Manager for UNIX|