The agent implementation of the Micro Focus NNMi-Micro Focus OM integration forwards NNMi management events as SNMPv2c traps to an Micro Focus Operations agent on the NNMi management server. The agent filters the NNMi traps and forwards them to the Micro Focus OM active messages browser. The agent configuration determines which Micro Focus OM management server receives the forwarded incident.
The Micro Focus NNMi-HPOM integration can also forward the SNMP traps that NNMi receives to the agent.
The Micro Focus NNMi-HPOM integration also provides for accessing the NNMi console from within HPOM.
The Micro Focus NNMi-Micro Focus OM integration provides event consolidation in the Micro Focus OM active messages browser for the network management, system management, and application management domains, so that Micro Focus OM users can detect and investigate potential network problems.
The primary features of the integration are as follows:
- Automatic incident forwarding from NNMi to the Micro Focus Operations agent. Forwarded incidents appear in the Micro Focus OM active messages browser.
- Access to the NNMi console from Micro Focus OM.
- Micro Focus OM users can open the NNMi Incident form in the context of a selected message.
- Micro Focus OM users can launch an NNMi view (for example, the Layer 2 Neighbor view) in the context of a selected message and node.
- Micro Focus OM users can launch an NNMi tool (for example, status poll) in the context of a selected message and node.
|Operations Manager for UNIX|
|Network Node Manager i software|
For an older version of this integration, please see Integration ID #656