Important: For the newest version of this integration, please see Integration ID #882
The HP Operations Manager i (OMi) Management Pack (MP) for HP Storage Essentials (SE) works with OMi and enables you to monitor the various hosts and devices operating in a Storage Area Network (SAN) environment. It includes indicators-Health Indicators (HIs), Event Type Indicators (ETIs), and correlation rules that analyze and categorize the events occurring in the systems and report the health status of the systems. The Storage Essentials events are forwarded to HP OMi based on the event filter configured by the user.
Duplicate events are suppressed in HP OMi based on the me...Duplicate events are suppressed in HP OMi based on the message key. Any event cleared in HP OMi gets automatically cleared on Storage Essentials and vice versa.
The views that are available with Storage Essentials MP could be modified to include the views that are available from other application MPs to get an end-to-end topology view.
The OMi MP for HP Storage Essentials includes the following components for monitoring the health and status of the various hosts and devices operating in a SAN environment.
· HP Storage Essentials aspects and Policy templates
· Health Indicators (HIs), Event Type Indicators (ETIs), and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
· Topology Based Event Correlation (TBEC) rules
Event enrichment from using Storage Essentials management pack
Data flow probe for Storage Essentials connects to the database instance consumed by Storage Essentials Report Optimizer (RO) server and fetch the discovered elements and reconcile them as Configuration Items (CIs) to Run Time Service Module (RTSM), which is the Universal Configuration Management Database (UCMDB) instance in HP Business Service Management (BSM).
· This means all the elements in SE are now present at RTSM as CIs.
· In Operations Manager (OM) terminology, this relates to the nodes that we import to OM node bank.
Storage Essentials events that are forwarded to OMi, includes the following attributes:
· CI resolution hint
· Event type indicator hint
· Multiple custom message attributes
· Multiple message groups added to identify various events (policy events, internal events, device events)
· Event filtering based on event type: event subtype, severity, element type, element name
· The user configures the policy manager events on SE and decides the threshold levels based on which the policy needs to be triggered. Hence, the event type indicator hint is derived using a combination of threshold and event severity for these events.
· When events are configured to be forwarded to the OMi, a process named seevtl listens to Storage Essentials Event Listener and forwards events to OMi when it gets a notification. Hence, the events are handled instantly and in case the event forwarding process is not active, any events generated during this period will not be forwarded to OMi.
|Operations Bridge Manager (OMi)|