The integration of HP Service Virtualization (SV) with HP Network Virtualization (NV) enables you to simulate performance capabilities with network-level NV models.
The NV integration will enable the user to:
- Choose the optimal data center for hosting backend services. The performance engineer is testing the performance of a composite application where some existing services call backend services hosted in a data center. The application will be deployed in LambdaNet Berlin data center. The overall performance of the application has to be measured considering placement of the backend services to the Google data center in Belgium or in Dublin using various hosting plans (different bandwidth).
- Improve application performance by moving critical backend service to a different data center. The performance engineer is testing the performance of a composite application under test (AUT) where some existing services call backend services hosted in a data center. In order to improve performance, some heavily utilized services (such as single sign-on, SSO) could be moved to a different data center. The impact of such a change on the overall application performance has to be measured.
- Edit the Network Model. The performance engineer (user) needs to change the Network Model of a specific Agent instance.
- Configure the Network Model from the Designer.
- Manage Agent configuration related to network models. A Network Model is associated with one Agent.