Important: For the newest version of this integration, please see Integration ID #664
This integration enables you to manage functional tests and resources in ALM by:
Creating and storing tests
Executing tests and viewing their execution history
Working with ALM version control
Managing multiple configurations and data in ALM
Storing test resources which can be used my multiple tests
When Business Process Testing (BPT) is enabled in ALM, you can:
- Create and maintain business components
- Run automated business components
New for ALM 11.50:
- Lab Management enables you to designate a machine's purpose as Quick Test Professional. Using Server-Side Execution, you can instruct ALM to use that machine for executing functional tests, or have ALM automatically assign it.
- The integration between ALM and QuickTest is enabled by installing QuickTest and the ALM client on the same machine, and installing ALM Add-in for QuickTest Professional.
- Tests are typically created in QuickTest, and they are saved and managed in ALM.
- Version control is enabled for each project in ALM's Site Admin.
- When the HP ALM Lab Service add-in is installed, ALM's Lab Management can execute tests on the QuickTest machine using Server-Side Execution.
|Application Lifecycle Management|
|Comments: QTP 11.00 Patch 00953 allows Server Side Execution (SSE) support in ALM 11.51 Integration Enablement Pack and above. QTP 11.00 doesn't support BPT 11.52|