- Managing GUI and API tests and resources in ALM
- Creating and storing tests
- Executing tests and viewing their execution history
- Working with ALM version control
- Managing multiple configurations and data in ALM
- Storing test resources that can be used by multiple tests
- Lab Management enables you to designate a machine's purpose as QuickTest Professional or Service Test. Using Server-Side Execution, you can instruct ALM to use that machine for executing GUI or API tests, or have ALM automatically assign it.
- When Business Process Testing (BPT) is enabled (licensed) in ALM:
- Create and maintain business components (keyword GUI components, scripted GUI components, and API components)
- Run automated business components
- Design and run BPT tests directly from UFT, using the UFT IDE
- The integration between ALM and UFT is enabled by installing UFT and the ALM client on the same machine, and installing the ALM Add-in for UFT.
- Tests are typically created in UFT, and then saved and managed in ALM.
- Version control is enabled for each project in ALM's Site Administration.
- When the HP ALM Lab Service add-in is installed, ALM's Lab Management can execute tests on the UFT machine using Server-Side Execution.
Documentation for this integration can be found using the following links:
|Unified Functional Testing|
|Application Lifecycle Management|
|Comments: Minimal ALM 11.00 SP3 is required|
For an older version of this integration, please see Integration ID #522