Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Release Notes
This section provides information about new features and enhancements added to Content Pack 26.
Updated Versions for Discovered Applications
Added support for discovering the following application version to the existing discovery jobs:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017
- Storage Management Initiative Specification (SMI-S) 1.6.x
Discovered Operating Systems
Added support for discovery and inventory (including agent support) for the following operating systems:
- Apple macOS 10.13 High Sierra
New and Extended Discovery
Added the following new discovery:
Agent Driven Inventory Discovery: Easily discover devices behind VPN or inside private network and moving devices, simplify the inventory discovery work flow, and improve the performance and the discovery capacity of Data Flow Probe.
Google Cloud Discovery: Discover Google Cloud Platform components using RESTful APIs, such as Google Cloud disks, images, projects, service accounts, snapshots, virtual machine configurations, and their relationships.
Note This discovery requires UCMDB 11.0.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) Discovery: Discovers the Hyper-V topology of hosts managed by SCVMM by connecting to SCVMM.
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) Discovery: Connects to vROps to discover managed vCenter environments and all hosted VMware virtual environments.
Added the new capabilities to the existing discovery:
- Added the capability for discovering CloudFormation and Virtual Private Cloud.
- Added a new CI type AWS User to represent the user and link this CI to the old Amazon Account CI.
- Added a new parameter discoverInstalledSoftware to the AWS by Web Services job. This parameter indicates whether to discover installed software on EC2 instances from AWS Systems Manager. The default value is false.
- Microsoft Azure Discovery: Discover Azure Storage services, Virtual Network, and Subnet.
- MySQL Discovery: Discover MySQL database and MariaDB instances including database tables and database users through Generic DB Protocol (SQL).
- SMI-S Discovery: Discover Huawei OceanStor V5.
Universal Discovery Inventory
Added a new parameter abortOnAgentDrivenFlowDetected to the Inventory Discovery by Scanner job.
If the value of this parameter is set to false, you can run the job on the Agent with Agent driven flow enabled. By default, you cannot run the job on the Agent with Agent driven flow enabled.
- USB devices can now be correctly discovered by the Inventory Discovery by Manual Scanner Deployment and Inventory Discovery by Scanner jobs.
Universal Discovery Agent
Added the following parameters to the Install UD Agent and Update UD Agent jobs:
Added support for integrating the following application versions to the existing integrations:
- HPE Systems Insight Manager (SIM) 7.6
- Network Automation (NA) 10.40
- Micro Focus Network Node Manager (NNMi) 10.40
Micro Focus Asset Manager Integration using AM Generic Adapter 1.04 is now being delivered as part of the content pack.
Changed the HP Software Products adapter category to HP Software Products / Micro Focus Products.
Moved HPE OneView and HPE Systems Insight Manager (SIM) integration adapters to the Third Party Products category.
Renamed Service Anywhere Push Adapter to SMA-X Push Adapter.
Some integration adapters are deprecated. For details, see Deprecations.
- Enhanced Micro Focus Network Automation (NA) integration to pull the Device Groups or Dynamic Groups and the relationship with devices from NA to UCMDB.
Added Oracle LMS 1.31.1.
Important If you use earlier versions of Oracle LMS, make sure that you upgrade it to version 1.31.1 to be compliant with Oracle audit guidelines.
- Added a new attribute nt_ad_domain_name on nt CI to differentiate AD domain and DNS domain on Windows platform.
Added a new parameter trustAllSSLCertificates to the JEE WebSphere Connections by JMX and JEE WebSphere by Shell or JMX jobs.
This parameter determines whether to trust all SSL certificates if the WebSphere server does not have a valid one. The default value is false.
- Added a new job parameter discoverTnsName to the JEE JBoss by Shell job. This parameter indicates whether to discover Oracle TNS name on the JBoss server. The default value is true.
- Enhanced the Host Applications by Shell and MySQL by Shell jobs to discover the product name, version, vendor about MySQL and MariaDB.
- Scanner version: 11.00.000.405
- Universal Discovery Agent version: 11.00.000.405
- Inventory Discovery Knowledge version: 2018.01
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to email@example.com.
Help Topic ID: