Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Configuring installation and setup options
- System Configuration Parameters
- Smart Analytics Administration
- Application Setup
- Database Administration
- System Security
- Server Performance Tuning
- Scheduled Maintenance
- What is a scheduled task?
- Running a Scheduled Maintenance task
- Cost Estimate tool
- Access Scheduled Maintenance
- Check the execution details of a task
- Check the execution history of a task
- Create a change request from a Scheduled Maintenance task
- Create a Request record from a Scheduled Maintenance task
- Create a schedule for a task
- Create a Scheduled Maintenance task
- Create a Scheduled Maintenance task for an asset
- Create a Scheduled Maintenance task from an open record
- Create an Incident record from a Scheduled Maintenance task
- Define the effect and details of a Scheduled Maintenance task
- Force a task to run immediately
- Schedule intervals
- Set the demand criteria for a task
- Specify incremental repetition
- Specify manual repetition
- Specify quiescent repetition
- Use expressions and Format Control only in a Scheduled Maintenance task
- Use the Cost Estimate tool
- Administrative access to Scheduled Maintenance
- Scheduled Maintenance features
- Automated task generation
- Scheduled Maintenance commands in Configuration Management
- Scheduled Maintenance exception models
- Using a Scheduled Maintenance template
- Adding Scheduled Maintenance data using expressions
- Scheduled Maintenance overhead
- Running an extra Format Control record
- Status and Notifications
- Delta Migration Tool
- Calendar Administration
- Time Period Management
Scheduled Maintenance enables you to create a scheduled maintenance system to reduce unplanned outages and system failures. The objective is to service systems before they fail rather than after they fail.
Scheduled Maintenance helps you administer, configure, and customize scheduled maintenance. It installs without requiring an upgrade, and runs independent of HPE Service Manager upgrades. It integrates into a pre-existing Service Manager installation without changing any tailoring and customization.
You should have an understanding of the Service Manager expression syntax and Database Manager to administer Scheduled Maintenance successfully.
A user can do the following tasks:
- Establish a formalized Scheduled Maintenance system to reduce unplanned outages and system failures by servicing systems before they fail
- Define and schedule recurring maintenance tasks, including Incident records, change requests, and
Request Fulfillment requests, using closed loop integration with Service Manager
- Store all Scheduled Maintenance tasks in a single repository, ensuring that important maintenance occurs regularly
- Automatically notify staff of all maintenance items as they become due
- Enable users to create and update Scheduled Maintenance tasks even when they are unfamiliar with Service Manager
- Create audit information
- Create sophisticated or detailed maintenance tasks
- Conform to existing Service Manager tailoring
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to ovdoc-ITSM@hp.com.
Help Topic ID: