Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Configuring installation and setup options
- System configuration parameters
- Smart Analytics administration
- Service Portal Administration Guide
- Service Request Catalog Customization Guide
- Service Manager maintenance tasks
- Application setup
- Database administration
- System security
- Server performance tuning
- Scheduled maintenance
- Status and notifications
- Delta Migration Tool
- Calendar administration
- Time Period management
Prior to version 9.34, HPE Service Manager allowed you to set up a calendar only through the Release Control integration (also referred to as the RC Calendar). As of version 9.34, Service Manager additionally provides a calendar (referred to as Service Manager Calendar) that is based on a calendar widget.
Service Manager Calendar can display time period records and associated business records in a graphic and intuitive user interface. It enables users in different locations and departments of your organization to perform the following tasks and optimize their task planning accordingly:
- To easily see how their activities will be affected in a specific time range. For example, they can see if a performance degradation or service outage will happen during the first week of May.
- To easily see which business records (changes, incidents, interactions, and so on) are scheduled for or associated with a specific time range. For example, they can see if a change is planned to start or end during the first week of May.
- To directly view important details of time period records and associated records from tooltips.
- To directly open records from the calendar to view their details.
- To view time conflicts of object records from conflict icon tooltips and shadow bars.
Service Manager Calendar also allows high-level tailoring through a set of configurations. For time period records and associated records, you can set color preferences, maximum number of records to display, field mappings, filters, and so on.
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to ovdoc-ITSM@hpe.com.
Help Topic ID: