Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Deployment architecture
- Recommended installation order
- Support matrix
- Download the Service Manager installation packages
- Prepare your RDBMS
- Install the Service Manager Server
- Install the Service Manager Windows Client
- Install the Service Manager web tier
- Install language packs
- Install and set up Service Portal
- Install Service Request Catalog (SRC)
- Install the Mobile Applications client
- Install and configure Smart Analytics
- Install and configure the Solr Search Engine
- Install Service Manager Collaboration
- Set up a replicated reporting database
- Set up legacy integrations
- Install the HPE Identity Manager (IdM) service
- Install the Service Manager Help Center
Recommended installation order
For new installations, the following order is recommended:
- Prepare an RDBMS. For details, see Prepare your RDBMS.
Install the Service Manager 9.50 Server, and load the applications and demo data. For details, see Install and configure the Service Manager Server.
- Install the Service Manager 9.52 Windows Client and verify you can connect from the Client to the SM Server. For details, see Install the Service Manager Windows Client.
- Install the Service Manager 9.52 Web Tier and verify you can connect from the Web Tier client to the SM Server. For details, see Install the Service Manager Web Tier.
Install the Service Manager 9.52 Server patch. For details, see Install and configure the Service Manager Server.
Install the Service Manager 9.50 language packs. For details, see Install the Service Manager 9.50 language packs.
Note If you have already earlier language packs installed, you must upgrade your applications and language packs by running the Upgrade Utility. The Upgrade Utility will upgrade both the applications and language packs at the same time.
- Apply the Service Manager 9.52 language pack patches by running the Applications Patch Manager. For details, see Install the Service Manger 9.52 language packs.
Install other components as needed, including Service Portal or SRC, Smart Analytics or Solr Search Engine, Mobile Applications Client, and Collaboration. For detailed steps, click the appropriate links under the Install node of the Service Manager Help Center.
Note To install the Service Manager 9.52 Solr Search Engine, you must install the 9.50 Solr Search Engine first and then apply the 9.52 Solr Search Engine patch. For details, see Install the Solr Search Engine.
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to ovdoc-ITSM@hpe.com.
Help Topic ID: