Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Service Manager integration methods and tools
- HPE Change Configuration and Release Management (CCRM)
- SAP Solution Manager
- HPE Project and Portfolio Management Center (PPM)
- HPE Application Lifecycle Management/Quality Center (ALM/QC)
- HPE Release Control (RC)
- HPE Universal CMDB (UCMDB)
- HPE Operations Orchestration (OO)
- HPE Business Service Management (BSM)
- HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) with the Web client
- Case Exchange framework
HPE Change Configuration and Release Management (CCRM)
HPE Service Manager is part of the HPE Change Configuration and Release Management (CCRM) solution. CCRM enables the enterprise IT organization to do the following:
- Provide the structure and formal workflow necessary to implement changes
- Reduce the risk of making changes by providing an accurate picture of IT infrastructure, as well as the impact any change may have on IT services
- Enable early detection of unplanned changes
- Maintain an accurate record of IT infrastructure
To minimize incidents that result from unplanned or improperly planned changes to the organization, an IT organization must be able to respond in the following ways to change drivers:
- Proactively: to provide benefits to the organization, either through lower total cost of ownership (TCO), or by providing options that enable business to develop
- Reactively: to resolve errors that impact the level of services that are provided
CCRM offers a solution comprised of three integrated HPE products:
- Service Manager automates and standardizes the change process in accordance with ITIL best practices—from request through release and review.
- Release Control plays a role at a specific point in the process as a decision-support tool; it includes risk analysis, impact assessment, collision detection, and forward schedule of changes.
- Universal CMDB consists of a rich business-service-oriented data model with built-in discovery of configuration items (CIs) and configuration item dependencies, visualization and mapping of business services, and tracking of configuration changes.
CCRM also offers an automation extension to automate change requests (via HPE Operations Orchestration (OO)) and another extension to provide dashboard views of assigned request status as well as comparisons between current projects and staffing profiles (via HPE PPM Center).
For more information about CCRM, see the CCRM documentation available with the Service Manager documentation from HPE Software Support Online.
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to ovdoc-ITSM@hpe.com.
Help Topic ID: