Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Deployment architecture
- Recommended installation order
- Support matrix
- Download the Service Manager installation packages
- Prepare your RDBMS
- Install the Service Manager Server
- Install the Service Manager Windows Client
- Install the Service Manager web tier
- Install language packs
- Install and set up Service Portal
- Install Service Request Catalog (SRC)
- Install the Mobile Applications client
- Install and configure Smart Analytics
- Install and configure the Solr Search Engine
- Install Service Manager Collaboration
- Set up a replicated reporting database
- Set up legacy integrations
- Install the HPE Identity Manager (IdM) service
- Install the Service Manager Help Center
Install the Mobile Applications client
The field engineers are typically tasked to work with business users at a customer site, and they spend most of their time away from the office to resolve tickets. When Change Approvers are away from the office, they need a way to quickly approve or deny changes, so that pending work orders can be assigned. Service ManagerMobile Applications connect your company's people and information by providing your team access to the Change Management, Incident Management, and Service Desk applications through the use of smartphones. When these IT operators are away from the office, they can receive and view work assignments and perform the tasks below by using the Mobile Applications:
- Approve and deny change requests.
- Approve and deny interaction.
- Reassign incidents/changes to the proper support group.
- Search the knowledge base.
- Open a support ticket.
- Continue working on-site with customers.
These quick responses improve business metrics, as service level objectives are met.
This section provides instructions on how to install the Mobile Applications client (also referred to as the Mobility Client).
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to ovdoc-ITSM@hpe.com.
Help Topic ID: