Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
What's new in OMi 10.62
Operations Manager i introduces the following new features for the 10.62 release:
Run command line tools without manually entering credentials. You can now store your username, password, java keystore location, and java keystore password in an encrypted file, which is then accessed by OMi command line tools. This enables you to run commands without entering credentials manually each time. By default, the credential file is located in
<OMi_HOME>/.opr-cli-rc. To specify a different location for your credential store file while running commands, use the new option
-rc_file <file> .
For more information on command line-tools, see Command-Line Interfaces.
Send notifications to SMTP servers using TLS. Notifications can now also be sent to SMTP servers that use TLS. To do this, four new SMTP settings are available. You can either use a wrapped TLS connection in order to connect to a secure SMTP server (port 465), or you can use the connection upgrading via starttls (port 587 or 25).
For details, review the enhancement with the ID QCCR8D94768 on SSO, or the description for the Use SSL/TLS setting in Infrastructure Settings.
Event Browser (HTML) enhancements. The Event Browser (HTML) has been enhanced to include the following new features:
- Column dividers. You can add lines between the columns in the Event Browser (HTML) to better distinguish between the separate columns. You can modify this setting in the Options panel.
- User based coloring. You can color the font color of an event row based on whether or not the event is assigned to you. You can modify this Highlight setting in the Options panel.
- Severity based coloring. You can color the row of an event based on the event's severity. You can modify the intensity of the colors, and you can decide if you want to apply the coloring to all events, or only to some (events assigned to you, or unassigned events). You can modify this Row coloring setting in the Options panel.
- Revert Options panel settings. In the Options panel, you can click Revert at any point to revert the following settings: row coloring setting, displayed columns, and column sorting.
- Editable fields in Event Details. You can edit some properties of the Event Browser (HTML) directly in the Event Details. For example, you can edit the Title, the Description, and the Solution of an event by clicking Edit in the Event Details.
For more information on the Event Browser (HTML), see Use the Event Browser (HTML).
New CLIs. OMi 10.62 comes with the following new CLIs, which enable CLI-based end-to-end policy management:
- opr-template. The opr-template command-line interface enables you to edit policies outside of the OMi policy editor interface. With the tool, you can download a policy from OMi to a location in your file system, then edit the policy and upload it again.
- opr-assign. The opr-assign command-line interface enables you to create, update, list, delete, disable and enable management template and aspect (automatic) assignments. You can create assignments for the latest version of an aspect or management template, or you can create an assignment for a specific aspect or management template version.
- opr-config-tool. The opr-config-tool is described in the OMi documentation. With the opr-config-tool command-line interface, you can list, delete, update, and group templates, aspects and management templates. Additionally, you can now use the CLI tool to add templates to an aspect, and preview which new aspects and management templates would be created if the latest template versions were included.
For more information on these command-line tools, see Command-Line Interfaces.
HTML5 External Instructions, Custom Actions, and Event Processing Customizations. OMi 10.62 includes HTML5 implementation of External Instructions, Custom Actions, and Event Processing Customizations screens. The new layouts are not only elegant and intuitive but also provide better navigation.
Documentation Web Portal. The OMi online help, as well as the online help of other HPE software products, is now available on a new software documentation portal. To access the portal, visit docs.software.hpe.com. As before, all documentation is also available on Software Support Online.
Operations Bridge Suite
The Operations Bridge Suite is now available as a Docker container and Business Value Dashboard is only available as a container of the Operations Bridge Suite. You can install and configure the Operations Bridge Suite by using the new Suite Installer.
For details on the features, the containerization and how to install the containerized Operations Bridge Suite version, see the Operations Bridge Suite Online Help.
Support for all CI properties in conditional dashboards. Prior to OMi 10.62, only CI properties of Boolean type were supported for creating conditional dashboards. However, with OMi 10.62, you can create a conditional dashboard based on any CI property.
Operations Agent as default data source. This is a new infrastructure setting that enables you to include Operations Agent as a data source for all CIs. The default value of this setting is false. If the value is true, Operations Agent data is graphed on the Performance Dashboard even if the “Monitored by” property for the node CI is not “OM”. If the value of this parameter is false, data from the Operations Agent will be graphed only if the “Monitored By” property of the node CI is OM.
Custom Auto-Refresh. Starting with OMi 10.62, you can specify custom time to auto-refresh the performance dashboards.
Auto-Refresh in Favorites.You can now enable auto-refresh for Favorites and specify the auto-refresh time.
Add CI Comparison charts to Favorites. You can now add charts on CI Comparison dashboards to Favorites, which enables you to quickly visualize the comparative performance metrics of the CIs, along with the other charts in a Favorite.
Support for disk space related metrics for SiteScope. Performance Dashboard has been enhanced to support graphing of "SiteScope Measurement" type.
Export CSV support for process tables and intuitive column layout in exported CSV. The Export CSV option is now supported for tables, graphs, and process tables. Also, the exported CSV is available in a more readable format.
Labels for pie charts. Pie charts are now displayed with labels for metrics. You can hover over the pie chart to see the percentage value of each metric. This feature is especially useful when there are more number of metrics in a pie chart or the colors that represent metrics are similar.
Gigabytes and Megabytes supported as units. These two units are newly added in Performance Dashboard > Axis and Grid > Unit > Data section.
Clear Filter option in process tables. You can use the Clear Filter option in process tables to clear the filter criteria and start a fresh search.
Fixed headers. Performance Dashboards now have fixed headers. When you scroll down the screen, all the UI options in the header such as Configure Dashboard and Date Range Panel are visible. So you no longer have to scroll up to see these options.
For more information about these enhancements, see Understanding OMi Performance Dashboard.
We welcome your comments!
To open the configured email client on this computer, open an email window.
Otherwise, copy the information below to a web mail client, and send this email to email@example.com.
Help Topic ID: