Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
Assign an Incident
The Incident Coordinator reviews open status incidents and determines from the information provided whether to accept or reject incident records. After an incident record is accepted, the Incident Coordinator assigns the record to an Incident Analyst for further investigation and diagnosis.
Assigning an incident is a two-step process. First, review an incident to determine if it can be resolved by your group. Next, assign the incident to an Incident Analyst, or reject the incident and return it to the Service Desk.
To review and assign an incident:
- Click Incident Management > Incident Queue.
- Select the Incidents by Assignment Group view.
- Review the incident records in the list to determine which ones can be assigned to your group for further investigation.
- Review each incident record and look at the contents of the Affected CI and Description fields.
- Determine whether to accept or reject an incident record.
- To accept an incident record, do the following:
- Click the list in the Status field and change the status to Accepted.
- Clear the assignee in the Assignee field, and then click the Fill button. A list of names opens.
- Select a name from the list to assign the incident to an Incident Analyst.
- Click Save & Exit.
- To reject an incident and reassign it to the Service Desk, do the following:
- Click the list in the Status field and change the status to Rejected.
- Click Save. A notes box opens and asks you to enter the reason for rejection.
- Enter the reason for rejecting the incident.
- Click Save.
- Click Save & Exit to exit.
Example: Search for a record
Reassign an Incident