Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Deployment architecture
- Recommended installation order
- Support matrix
- Download the Service Manager installation packages
- Prepare your RDBMS
- Install the Service Manager Server
- Install the Service Manager Windows Client
- Install the Service Manager web tier
- Install language packs
- Install and set up Service Portal
- Install Service Request Catalog (SRC)
- Install the Mobile Applications client
- Install and configure Smart Analytics
- Install and configure the Solr Search Engine
- Install Service Manager Collaboration
- Set up a replicated reporting database
- Set up legacy integrations
- Install the Identity Manager (IdM) service
Install and configure Smart Analytics
Built on Service Manager (SM) and using an OEM-licensed version of Micro Focus IDOL, SM Smart Analytics heralds the debut of the "Big Data" edition of Service Manager.
Smart Analytics offers the following capabilities: Smart Ticket, Hot Topic Analytics, and Smart Search.
As of Service Manager 9.41, you can choose to use either the IDOL Search Engine or the Solr Search Engine for Knowledge Management.
Note If you have purchased Service Manager Smart Analytics, you do not need to install the Solr Search Engine. Additionally, once you have enabled Smart Analytics, you cannot use Solr as the search engine any more.
Follow these instructions to install and configure Smart Analytics.
Note If you are upgrading your Smart Analytics from an earlier version to SM 9.60 Smart Analytics,
Note For information about how to administer Service Manager Smart Analytics, see Smart Analytics Administration.