Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- SSL parameters
- Parameter: acceptsharedcert
- Parameter: cacsignon
- Parameter: ciphers
- Parameter: fipsmode
- Parameter: keystoreFile
- Parameter: keystorePass
- Parameter: keystoreType
- Parameter: onewayssl4ws
- Parameter: ssl
- Parameter: sslConnector
- Parameter: sslEnabledProtocols
- Parameter: sslProtocols
- Parameter: ssl_reqClientAuth
- Parameter: ssl_trustedClientsJKS
- Parameter: ssl_trustedClientsPwd
- Parameter: trustedsignon
- Parameter: truststoreType
- Web Parameter: cacerts
- Web parameter: CACLogin
- Web parameter: secureLogin
- Web Parameter: ssl
- Web parameter: sslPort
This parameter determines whether the Service Manager Server runs in FIPS 140-2 compliant mode ("FIPS mode"). This parameter can have one of the following values:
Caution In a horizontal scaling environment, you must set this parameter to the same value in all server nodes.
- 0 (default): FIPS mode is disabled. Service Manager uses the 64-bit DES encryption algorithm, and SSL connections to the Service Manager server do not use TLS protocols that are implemented by using a FIPS validated provider. By default, FIPS mode is disabled in Service Manager.
- 2: FIPS mode is enabled. Service Manager uses the 256-bit AES data encryption algorithm, and SSL connections to the Service Manager Server use TLS protocols that are implemented by using a FIPS validated provider. Additionally, Service Manager must use FIPS compliant Lightweight Single Sign-On (LW-SSO) and random number generation algorithms.
Note For backward compatibility, if you used "fipsmode:1" to enable FIPS compliant AES-256 data encryption only, you can continue to use this configuration without any problems.
When FIPS mode is enabled on the Service Manager Server side, all clients (Windows Client, Web Tier Client, Mobility Client, SRC, and Web Service integrations), LDAP Servers, and the Solr Search Engine can communicate with the Service Manager Server through only TLS (either FIPS validated TLS or normal TLS); however, the recommended best security practice is to run all of them in FIPS mode as well.
For more information, see FIPS mode.
Valid if set from
Server's operating system command prompt
Initialization file (sm.ini)
Requires restart of the Service Manager server?
Command line: sm -httpport:13080 -fipsmode:2