Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
Service Manager Installation
Service Manager Installation aids Service Manager implementers who are responsible for installing and configuring Service Manager. The guide also has instructions on the following topics:
- How to install the Service Manager server and client on Windows and Unix platforms
- How to deploy the Service Manager web tier on a web application server
- How to install Smart Analytics
- How to install the Solr search engine
- How to install Service Manager Collaboration
- How to install the help on a web server or local file system
- How to install the Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) driver
- How to start the legacy listener
- How to install and configure the client customization utility
- How to install Service Manager Service Portal
- How to install the Identity Manager service
Micro Focus Service Manager Installation is available from the installation media or you can download it from the Software Support Online web site.