Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Relationship Manager
Add a relationship record
Applies to User Roles:
Relationship Manager allows you to manage not only relationships that are defined by the erddef, link, and relatedObjectMap tables, but also relationships that you manually create. You can manually add a relationship record, and then update it or delete it as needed.
Note Manually created relationship have a Definition Type of manual. You can update or delete this type of relationships .
To add a relationship record, follow these steps:
Navigate to Tailoring > Tailoring Tools > Relationship Manager to open Relationship Manager.
In the Table Name field, type the name of the table for which you want to add a relationship. For example, operator.
- Optionally, enter other search fields as needed.
- Click Search. A list of relationships is displayed.
- Select a record from the list, and click Copy.
- Change the values of the following fields as needed: Source Table, Source Field, Target Table, and Target Fields.
Click Add. Service Manager adds the relationship record.
Caution If your input contains incorrect data, data validation fails and the record is not added.
The Relationship Type and Status fields are automatically populated with manual and fixed, respectively.
- The Data Reference Check option is automatically selected. If you want to skip this relationship for data reference checking, click Skip Data Reference Check, and then click Save. See Skip data reference checking for a relationship.
- Verify the new record.
- Click OK to return to Relationship Manager.
- Perform a search to locate the record you added. The record should have the following values:
- Relationship Type: manual
- Status: fixed
- If needed, you can further update the record, and then click Save.
- If you no longer want to keep the record, click Delete to delete it.