Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Incident logging
Review and Update Incident Information
When a Service Desk Agent receives an incident that has been rejected by an assignment group because of incomplete information in the record, the agent gathers the missing information and updates the incident record. The agent then reassigns the incident to the applicable group and informs the user, if necessary.
To update incident information:
- Click Incident Management > Incident Queue.
- Use search or advanced search to find one or more records.
- Double-click the target record.
- Review the information in the record to verify that it is complete and correct.
- For incident records that are complete:
- Click Fill to select the applicable Assignment Group for the incident.
- Follow the procedures defined by your company to provide the interaction number and the SLA target to the customer.
- To see a list of the related interactions, click More or the More Actions icon and select Related Records > Interactions.
- To see information about the SLA, Open the SLA section.
- For incident records that are incomplete or incorrect, gather the required information and update the form. The required information includes:
- The title and description of the incident
- The service provided by the affected item (for example, email)
- The Incident details: Category, Area, Subarea, Impact, Urgency, Priority
- Click Fill to select the applicable Assignment Group for the incident, if it is not already assigned to a group.
- Use internally-defined procedures to provide the interaction number and the SLA target to the customer. The incident is now assigned to the assignment group you selected.
- Click Save & Exit to return the incident queue.
Example: Search for a record
Create a new incident from a user interaction
Create New Incidents from Monitoring System Notifications