Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Server implementation options
- Hardware load balancers
- Horizontal scaling implementation
- Single Servlet Implementation
- Vertical scaling implementation
- Vertical scaling and required SSL implementation
- Configure Service Manager Jgroups to use TCP instead of UDP
Vertical scaling implementation
In a vertical scaling implementation you maximize the number of client connections supported on a single host.
The key features of this implementation are:
- The Service Manager system consists of several servlet container processes running on one physical host
- The implementation allows administrators to specify a system connection limit
- The Service Manager system can manage a number of concurrent client connections up to the number of servlet container processes times the threadsperprocess value (For example, 6 servlet container processes supporting 50 threadsperprocess can support up to 300 client connections)
- The implementation allows administrators to specify the communication ports the system uses
- A dedicated load balancer process manages and routes client connections to available servlet container processes
- Administrators can dynamically add and remove Service Manager instances from a virtual group
A vertical scaling implementation is typically used in small to medium environments where hardware system resources are limited. A vertical scaling implementation can support as many client connections as the Service Manager host has available system resources.
You can convert a vertical scaling implementation into a horizontal scaling implementations with the addition of virtual grouping parameters and one or more additional servlet container instances installed on separate physical hosts.
Note: There can be only one kmupdate process running at any time regardless of the number of hosts. Starting more than one kmupdate process causes unpredictable behavior on the search engine server.