Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Environment configuration
- Data management
- Form creation
- Display functions
- Advanced functions
- Web tier
- Windows client
- Implementing version control for your tailoring
These topics focus on data management within the system. The main utilities that comprise data management are:
- Cascade updates — alters the data in one or more dependent files to match changes made to data in a source file.
- Data Policy — applies values, sets mandatory fields, and validates at the table level.
- Data validation — defines a field’s valid values.
- Global lists — predefined lists within the system.
- Customizing the Help system — provides administrators with instructions on how to customize the online Help system.
- Sequential numbers — used in conjunction with Format Control to generate sequence numbers for records in a database.
- Stored queries — retrieves and displays information by using predefined search parameters.
Sequential number setup