Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Entity Relationship Diagram creation utility
- Checklist: Creating an ERD record for an application
- What is the required input for ERD Create?
- Create an ERD definition
- Create an ERD record
- Modify an ERD record
- Create manual relationships
- What are Master link records?
- What are related link records?
- Associate a data policy record with an application
- Checklist: Generating a DDL file
- DDL mode
- Generate a DDL file
- Import a DDL file into a database modeling tool
Create an ERD record
Applies to User Roles:
An Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) is a graphic description of the logical structure of a database. Database administrators often rely on conceptual and physical data models to understand the relationships among tables, records, and data, and to produce reports.
To create an ERD record:
- Click Tailoring > Tailoring Tools > ERD Create Records.
- Type the Name (usually the application name) for the ERD Create record.
Click More or the More Actions icon and then select Add Files for Module.
Note: The Add Files process will fail if the name of the ERD record is not associated with one or more Data Policy records.
- Click More or the More Actions icon and then select Add Master Links.
- Click More or the More Actions icon and then select Add all Related Links.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
Note: You can add relationships manually from the Manual Relationships tab. Use this tab to define relationships that do not occur in any of the automatically discovered categories. Each relationship that you create manually also appears in the ERD.