Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Deployment architecture
- Recommended installation order
- Support matrix
- Download the Service Manager installation packages
- Prepare your RDBMS
- Install the Service Manager Server
- Install the Service Manager Windows Client
- Install the Service Manager web tier
- Install language packs
- Install and set up Service Portal
- Install Service Request Catalog (SRC)
- Install the Mobile Applications client
- Install and configure Smart Analytics
- Install and configure the Solr Search Engine
- Install Service Manager Collaboration
- Set up a replicated reporting database
- Set up legacy integrations
- Install the Identity Manager (IdM) service
Install Service Manager Collaboration
Service Manager Collaboration is an instant messaging solution combining IT Collaboration and End User Chat. IT Collaboration enables Service Manager IT operators to collaborate in real-time (or anytime) when handling an Interaction, Incident, Incident Task, Request, Request Task, Problem, Problem Task, Change, or Change Task. End User Chat builds a communication channel between the Service Manager Service Portal users or the Employee Self-Service (ESS) portal users and the Service Manager Service Desk agents so as to increase IT efficiency, improve customer satisfaction and reduce IT support costs.
Follow these instructons to install Service Manager Collaboration.