Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Troubleshooting: Server startup
- Troubleshooting: Common database errors
- Troubleshooting: Knowledge Management
- Troubleshooting: Event Services
- Troubleshooting: Clients
- Troubleshooting: Workflow diagrams not displaying in Web client
- Troubleshooting: Web client failed to automatically log in to Service Manager
- Troubleshooting: Unable to view an attachment from the Web client
- Troubleshooting: No trusted certificate found in the Windows client
- Troubleshooting: Service Request Catalog (SRC)
- Contact Micro Focus support
This section provides some basic information about how to anticipate and correct issues related to the web client. This includes the following issues:
- Workflow diagrams are not displayed when Service Manager is accessed from the web client
- Cannot automatically log in to Service Manager from the web client
- Unable to view an attachment from the web client
- Windows client error: No trusted certificate found
Troubleshooting: workflow diagrams are not displayed in the web client
Troubleshooting: web client fails to automatically log in to Service Manager
Troubleshooting: unable to view an attachment from the web client
Troubleshooting: No trusted certificate found in the Windows client