Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Deployment architecture
- Recommended installation order
- Support matrix
- Download the Service Manager installation packages
- Prepare your RDBMS
- Install the Service Manager Server
- Install the Service Manager Windows Client
- Install the Service Manager web tier
- Install language packs
- Install and set up Service Portal
- Install Service Request Catalog (SRC)
- Install the Mobile Applications client
- Install and configure Smart Analytics
- Install and configure the Solr Search Engine
- Install Service Manager Collaboration
- Set up a replicated reporting database
- Set up legacy integrations
- Install the Identity Manager (IdM) service
Install the Identity Manager (IdM) service
The IdM service is used to set up IdM authentication in Service Manager when configuring SAML Single Sign-On (SAML SSO).
The IdM service is released with Service Manager in two modes:
- Standalone mode (as a standalone WAR archive)
- Built-in mode (as a microservice included in the Service Manager Service Portal installation)
If your organization is using Service Manager Service Portal, use the Service Manager Service Portal IdM to configure SAML SSO. In this case, you do not need to install the IdM service.
If your organization is not using Service Manager Service Portal, deploy the standalone IdM service WAR archive on Tomcat and then configure SAML SSO. For instructions on how to install and configure the IdM service, see Install and configure the standalone IdM service.