Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Service Manager integration methods and tools
- Micro Focus Change Configuration and Release Management (CCRM)
- SAP Solution Manager
- Micro Focus Project and Portfolio Management Center (PPM)
- Micro Focus ALM
- Synchronization Concepts
- Planning the Deployment
- Installing and Configuring QC/ALM Synchronizer
- Configuring Links in QC/ALM Synchronizer
- Integration Account
- SM Change -> QC/ALM Defect
- SM Change -> QC/ALM Requirement
- SM Problem -> QC/ALM Defect
- QC/ALM Defect -> SM Problem
- SM Problem <-> QC/ALM Defect
- Upgrading the Integration
- Error Messages
- Micro Focus Release Control (RC)
- Micro Focus UCMDB
- Micro Focus UCMDB Browser
- Micro Focus UCMDB Configuration Manager
- Micro Focus Operations Orchestration (OO)
- Micro Focus Business Service Management (BSM)
- Micro Focus Operations Manager i (OMi)
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) with the Web client
- Case Exchange framework
Micro Focus ALM
Note As of version 11.00, Quality Center is known as Application Lifecycle Management (ALM); as of version 1.40, Quality Center Synchronizer (QCS) is known as ALM Synchronizer.
This integration provides a bi-directional interface to exchange defects and requirements between Service Manager (SM) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). The overall intent of this integration are:
- Leverages SM's position as the service provider and application with the most intimate contact with the customer.
- Efficiently reconciles and resolves the demands placed within SM.
- Tightly couples the demands placed within SM with the ALM requirement management and defect management capabilities within SM.
This integration synchronizes SM Change or Problem with ALM Defect or Requirement for record creation and update. The following scenarios are included:
- SM Change -> ALM Defect
- SM Change -> ALM Requirement
SM Problem <-> ALM Defect
This section describes how to configure and deploy the integration components:
- ALM Synchronizer
This section also describes how to configure and test synchronization links between ALM and SM.
Note This section contains numerous examples that use the SM and ALM default installation configuration and databases. Your particular configuration may differ significantly. The example synchronization configuration may also differ significantly from your requirements.
The target readers include Consultants and Application Administrators who must set up and maintain ALM and ALM Synchronizer to ensure that the synchronizer meets all user organization procedural requirements. Based on the assumption that the reader is an experienced user of either Service Manager or ALM (but not necessarily of both), this section describes only the basics of both SM and ALM.