Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Service Desk
- Service Desk (Streamlined Interaction)
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Configuration Management
- Knowledge Management
- Service Catalogs
- Service Level Management
- Smart Analytics
- Service Manager Reports
- Service Manager Collaboration
- Service Manager Service Portal Consumer Help
Knowledge Management help hub
Service Manager Knowledge Management supports Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) standards and guidelines by providing a natural language search engine and a rich-text authoring tool that enables users to search, update, and author knowledge articles.
Describes the ITIL user roles as implemented by Service Manager.
Describes the most important things that you need to know about how the Knowledge Management module functions.
Describes the ITIL workflows as implemented by Service Manager and the sub tasks that end users must perform in order to execute the workflows.
Describes the Administrator tasks in the Knowledge Management module.
Manage document categories
- Delete document categories
- Add a new top-level document category
- Add subcategories to a document category
- Add permissions for a document category or subcategory
- Provide all users access to a document category
Manage knowledge groups
- Access knowledge group information
- Add a knowledge group
- Add a user to a knowledge group
- Assign a knowledge group access to a document category
- Determine which knowledge groups can contribute documents to a category
- Assign rights for publishing a document for a document category
Manage security profiles
Manage document views
- Create a new document view
- Create a new document view
- Add a knowledge group to a document view
- Create labels for multilingual document views
Manage adaptive learning