Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Deployment architecture
- Recommended installation order
- Support matrix
- Download the Service Manager installation packages
- Prepare your RDBMS
- Install the Service Manager Server
- Install the Service Manager Windows Client
- Install the Service Manager web tier
- Install language packs
- Install and set up Service Portal
- Install Service Request Catalog (SRC)
- Install the Mobile Applications client
- Install and configure Smart Analytics
- Install and configure the Solr Search Engine
- Install Service Manager Collaboration
- Set up a replicated reporting database
- Set up legacy integrations
- Install the Identity Manager (IdM) service
Install language packs
For new installations, the language pack installation order is as follows:
- Install the Service Manger 9.60 Server and load the applications and demonstration data. For details, see Install and configure the Service Manager Server.
- Install the Service Manager 9.60 language packs. For details, see Install the Service Manager 9.60 language packs.
Tip If you are upgrading from a version earlier than 9.60, you need to run the Service Manager Upgrade Utility to upgrade your language packs. The Upgrade Utility not only upgrades your applications to the current version, but also upgrades your language packs.
For more information, see Language pack installation checklist.