Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- System information record
- Add company contact information
- Select Service Manager portal
- Add URLs for Service Manager clients
- Enable the enhanced query hash algoritm
- Set the default maximum number of login attempts per session
- Set the default maximum number of sessions per user
- Set the default password reset
- Set the default user expiration interval
- Set the default user inactivation interval
- Setting file attachment size limits
- Set the maximum file attachment size for the entire company
- Set the total file attachment size for the entire company
- Set the maximum number of attachments for each record
- Set the maximum number of inbox views
- Set the menu prompt
- Activate the command/search line toggle button
Setting file attachment limits
Setting attachment size limits
You can set the following two file attachment size limits:
Maximum single attachment size
This value limits the maximum size of a single attachment.
Total attachment size
This value limits the total size of all attachments in an attachment container, such as an incident record.
You can set these attachment size limits in the following ways:
- Specify the attachment size limit for the entire system in the system information record
- Specify the attachment size limit for a particular operator in their operator record
- Specify the attachment size limit for the attachment container on a form by using Forms Designer
Specify the attachment size limit for individual attachments by using the MaxAttachUploadSize and MaxTotalAttachUploadSize parameters.
Note These parameters are located in the web.xml file. The default value of the MaxAttachUploadSize parameter is 10 MB, and the default value of the MaxTotalAttachUploadSize parameter is 50 MB.
If you do not specify a value in one of these places, there is no limit on the size of attachments, and users can add attachments as large as the database record will hold. If you specify the attachment size limits in more than one place, then the order of precedence is:
- The value from the attachment container
- The value from the operator record
- The value from the company record
- The values of the MaxAttachUploadSize and MaxTotalAttachUploadSize parameters
As an example, for the maximum size of a single attachment, if the company record limit is set to 1,000,000 bytes, the operator has a limit set to 2,000,000 bytes, and the container has a limit of 3,000,000 bytes, the person will be able to store a 3,000,000 byte attachment in the container (the attachment container property overrides the other two limits). A different operator without a limit, storing attachments in a different container with no limit set, would only be able to save a 1,000,000 byte attachment.
Note File size validation is not performed at the widget level on the web service. Therefore, it is possible to attach a file that exceeds the configured size limits by using the web service.
Setting attachment count limits
You can limit the number of individual files that can be attached to each record in Service Manager. To do this, configure the maxattachmentcount parameter. By default, the value of this parameter is 100 files.
Set the maximum file attachment size for the entire company
Set the maximum file attachment size for an operator
Set the total file attachment size for the entire company
Set the total file attachment size for an operator
Add company contact information
Set the default maximum number of login attempts per session
Set the default maximum number of sessions per user
Set the default password reset
Set the default user expiration interval
Set the default user inactivation interval
Set the menu prompt