Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- System information record
- Add company contact information
- Select Service Manager portal
- Add URLs for Service Manager clients
- Enable the enhanced query hash algoritm
- Set the default maximum number of login attempts per session
- Set the default maximum number of sessions per user
- Set the default password reset
- Set the default user expiration interval
- Set the default user inactivation interval
- Setting file attachment size limits
- Set the maximum file attachment size for the entire company
- Set the total file attachment size for the entire company
- Set the maximum number of attachments for each record
- Set the maximum number of inbox views
- Set the menu prompt
- Activate the command/search line toggle button
Set the default password reset
Applies to User Roles:
To set the default password reset:
- Click System Administration > Base System Configuration > Miscellaneous > System Information Record.
- Click the Passwords tab.
- Click the Password Standards tab.
- Select one of the following options:
- Prevent Pwd Reset — select this option to disable the password reset option.
- Reset to User Name — select this option to reset passwords to the operator's login name.
Prompt for Value — select this option to have Service Manager prompt the system administrator for a new password.
Tip: For increased security, the system administrator can also select the password expired option in the operator record. Doing so requires reset users to change their passwords at the next login.
- Reset to Value — select this option to type a global password that applies to all reset users.
- Click Save.