Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Importing records
- Import descriptor records
- Load error messages and notifications
- Unload files
- Add an import descriptor record
- Import a character-delimited text file
- Import a fixed-width text file
- Load an unload file
- Schedule the importing of records using an import descriptor record
- Schedule the loading of an unload file
- View the contents of an unload file
Import a fixed-width text file
Applies to User Roles:
Before you import a fixed-width text file, you need to add a fixed-width import descriptor record first.
To import a fixed-width text file, follow these steps:
- Add an import descriptor for the fixed-width text file. For details, see Add an import descriptor record
- Click Test to test the importing of records.
- On the Test Import tab, review the test results.
Note Only the first ten lines in the external file are tested.
- Click Proceed.
- Click Run.
Service Manager imports the external file.
Add an import descriptor record
Import a character-delimited text file
Load an unload file
Schedule the importing of records using an import descriptor record
Schedule the loading of an unload file
View the contents of an unload file