Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
Service Manager includes both Windows and web clients. The Windows client is intended for administrators and implementers, while the web client is suitable for most end users. The Windows client enables you to design forms and work with the dbdict; capabilities that are not available to web client users.
The Windows client includes the following features:
- A dynamic user interface that you can customize (by using preferences) to change the way you interact with perspectives and views
- Windows client update capability
- Client/server connection
- A Connection dialog that enables you to define multiple connections to different servers and saves them from one session to another
- Automatic connection for connection profiles with the automatic logon option enabled
- System Navigator
- Favorites folder to save shortcuts to frequently used applications, forms, and queries
- Simplified access to forms, files, and records through the System Navigator
- Application-specific user interface elements
- A graphical workflow used by the Request and Change Management applications
- Charts and dashboards to show data graphically
- Field help
- Help for end users and administrators
- Other features
- UTF-8 (Unicode) support to display data in any language
- SOAP-based client/server communication
- Automatic reconnection of client/server sessions after brief network connection disruptions
Windows client features
Differences between the Windows and web clients
Accessing Service Manager