Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Adding and changing the image icon for menu and toolbar items
Add or change the image icon for options menu and toolbar items
Applies to User Roles:
You can edit or replace the out-of-box icon for existing menu items and add icons for the new menu and toolbar items that you create. The More Actions menu and toolbar icons are 16x16 .gif files. You can use any graphics design tool to edit out-of-box icons or create new icons of the correct size. These images are found in many forms.
To add or change the image icon for the options menu and toolbar items:
Important: If you change an image, Service Manager will replace the original image with the new image on all forms. If you do not want to change the image on all forms, you must change the Default Label in the Display Application Option Definition for the form you want to change, and create a new image.
- Open the Display Application Option Definition for the More Actions menu or toolbar item.
- Add the item, if necessary.
- Make a note of text in the Default Label. Using Database Manager, open a form that the option is displayed on.
- Open the Administrator view and go to the Detail Data tab for a single record form or the List Data tab for a record list. The list of icons in the toolbar and options menu is at the bottom of the form. The
img="<bmpname>"tag gives you the name of the image.
- Make a note of the icon image name.
- Using your standard operating system search functionality, search your Service Manager directory for a .gif file with that name.
If the item with that name exists in the Service Manager images directory, the form will display it.
Create a new image if none exists, or replace this existing image with the one you prefer to use.