Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Upgrade tasks on the development environment
- Step 1: Duplicate the production environment
- Step 2: Upgrade server and client
- Step 3: Perform preparatory tasks
- Step 4: Load the applications upgrade files
- Step 5: Run the Upgrade Utility
- Step 6: View the upgrade results
- Step 7: Manage the upgrade result data
- Step 8: Resolve exceptions
- Step 9: Resolve conflicts
- Step 10: Perform additional manual tasks
- Step 11: Migrate Process Designer data
- Step 12: Return the system to normal operation
- Step 13: Test the development environment
- Step 14: Back up the system
- Step 15: Build a custom upgrade
Step 7: Manage the upgrade result data
To manage the upgrade result data more easily, do either of the following:
- Open the Upgrade Results list, click More or the More Actions icon, and click Export to Excel to manage the data in a Microsoft Excel document, or
- Open the Upgrade Results list, click File > Print > List View to print the list of records. (See the Service Manager Help Center documentation for more information.)
After you complete an applications upgrade on your development system, you are ready to resolve the exceptions and conflicts that originate from tailoring on an upgraded object. Before resolving conflicts, Service Manager features may not function as expected.