Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Install and configure Smart Analytics
Uninstall Smart Analytics
User Role: Administrator
If you want to uninstall Smart Analytics, follow the instructions in this section.
- Before you uninstall Smart Analytics, we recommend that you back up your index and category data if you want to restore it in the future.
For backup and restore instructions, see step 2 and step 7 respectively in Transfer Smart Analytics intelligence.
- Restart the system after you uninstall Smart Analytics. Otherwise, the services and files cannot be totally removed. Besides, the data and configurations remain after uninstall, and you must delete then manually for safety concerns.
To uninstall Service Manager Smart Analytics from Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Select SM 9.60 Smart Analytics, and then click Uninstall/Change. The Uninstall Smart Analytics wizard is displayed.
- Click Next.
If you want to completely remove Smart Analytics, select Complete Uninstall. If you want uninstall specific Smart Analytics features, select Uninstall Specific Features.
Note If your Smart Analytics is upgraded from a former version, and there is an image server installed, you have to delete the files and service manually when you are uninstalling.
- Click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Smart Analytics.
To uninstall Service Manager Smart Analytics from Linux, follow these steps:
- Go to the _uninstall folder under the Smart Analytics installation directory.
Type ./uninstaller -? from the command line interface to view the uninstallation options and instructions.
Note As the Maintenance Mode is not enabled in the SM Smart Analytics uninstaller, the parameters under the Maintenance Mode are not applicable.
Use the available commands, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Smart Analytics.
For example, you can use uninstaller -i console to launch a command line based interactive uninstall process. If you log on to the system through X-Window, you can launch the graphical uninstaller by using the uninstaller -i swing command.
You can specify the features that you want to uninstall, or you can uninstall Service Manager Smart Analytics completely.