Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Look-up processing
- Format Control processes
- Display value summary details
- Display range summary details
- Create validity table definitions
- Add field level definitions
- Add value definitions
- Add range definitions
- Validate the validity definitions
- Delete an entire validity record
- Delete a single value or range definition
- Delete value or range definitions from a table
- Print a detailed report of an entire validity record
- Validate fields during record processing
- Create a validity lookup option in Format Control
- Call validate.fields from Format Control
Add field-level definitions
- Click Tailoring > Database Manager.
Type validity in the Form field, and then click Search.
A list of the validity form records in your database opens.
Double-click validity.summary, and then click Search.
The Validity Table Specifications summary form opens.
- In the Field Name field, type the name of the field in which you want to create a validation record.
- In the Files/Formats field, type the name of the file or files in which this field is found.
- Click Search to search for records that may already exist with this field.
If no record exists, click New to add your new record.
The following message appears in the status bar: Data Validation record added.
- Complete the remaining fields in the form (including the other tabs) with the exception of the Values Summary and Range Summary arrays.
Click More or the More Actions icon, and select Validate to validate the information you have entered in the form.
If you have entered an invalid value in the form, a message appears in the status bar specifying the error.
Click Save when you have successfully validated your record.
A message appears in the status bar, stating that the Data Validation record has been updated.
Display value summary details
Display range summary details
Create validity table definitions
Add value definitions
Add range definitions
Validate the validity definitions
Delete an entire validity record
Delete a single value or range definition
Delete value or range definitions from a table
Print a detailed report of an entire validity record
Validate fields during record processing
Create a validity lookup option in Format Control
Call validate.fields from Format Control