Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Look-up processing
- Format Control processes
- Display value summary details
- Display range summary details
- Create validity table definitions
- Add field level definitions
- Add value definitions
- Add range definitions
- Validate the validity definitions
- Delete an entire validity record
- Delete a single value or range definition
- Delete value or range definitions from a table
- Print a detailed report of an entire validity record
- Validate fields during record processing
- Create a validity lookup option in Format Control
- Call validate.fields from Format Control
Call validate.fields from Format Control
- Click Tailoring > Format Control.
- In the Name field, type the name of the form for which you want to invoke validity table processing.
- Click Search.
- If a Format Control record does not exist for your form, create one. Click New.
- Click Subroutines in the form, or select it from the More Actions menu.
- Enter the appropriate parameters for validate.fields in the Name and Value fields using the information from the following table:
Field Value name cursor.field.name() boolean1 false second.file $current.file.variable cond.input true
Click Save to save changes to an existing record.
Caution: If you are attempting to add a new record from an existing record, make sure that you do not click Save because doing so will replace the existing record with the new record. If you are adding a new record, click Add.
- Click Add to add a new record.
Display value summary details
Display range summary details
Create validity table definitions
Add field-level definitions
Add value definitions
Add range definitions
Validate the validity definitions
Delete an entire validity record
Delete a single value or range definition
Delete value or range definitions from a table
Print a detailed report of an entire validity record
Validate fields during record processing
Create a validity lookup option in Format Control