Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Troubleshooting: Event Services
- Troubleshooting: Having incident events processed separately
- Troubleshooting: Sending test notifications to external programs after installing SCAuto
- Troubleshooting: No problems opening with pmo records in Event Input queue
- Troubleshooting: Not receiving email after opening a problem
- Troubleshooting: Sending email only when opening emergency problems
- Troubleshooting: Setting the category for incidents opened using email
- Troubleshooting: Verify mail sent to myself was received
- Troubleshooting: Sending test reports to an external program after installing SCAuto
Troubleshooting: Not receiving email after opening a problem
Why am I not receiving email even after installing Service Manager and opening a problem?
To troubleshoot this problem:
- Verify you are a member of the assignment group for the problem. If not, you will not receive notification of any kind.
- Determine whether you are attempting to send email to yourself when you open a problem.
Service Manager does not send email to the individual who is opening, updating or closing a problem, regardless of their membership in the assignment group.
- Log on to Service Manager as someone else.
- Open a new problem.
- Determine whether the operator to whom you are sending email has an email address specified in his or her operator record.
- Ensure it is correct.
- Check the Message Class file for External Email records.
- Is there one for problem open?
- If not, add one.
- Verify there are records in the event output queue with a type of email.
If so, determine whether the JavaMail agent or another email agent is active.
Use Agent Status to:
- Check that in the event agent, the Stop button should be enabled, and a start time and an idle time should appear.
- Click the Refresh button to reset idle time to 00:00:00. It should begin increasing again.
- If the Start button is enabled and there is no start and idle Time, click Start and wait until the problem agent recycles.
- Determine if there is an output type event registration record for email.
- If the JavaMail agent or another email agent is active and you still do not receive mail, stop the agent.
- Open a problem and check the event output queue for new events with a type of email.
- If a new email event is added to the queue, restart the JavaMail agent or another email agent.
When the email has been sent, the event is deleted only if the
keepmail parameter is turned off.
Note Always check the Service Manager Message Log and any external log files for errors. All SCAutomate errors are logged with a class of
event management errors.
Troubleshooting: Having incident events processed separately
Troubleshooting: No problems opening with pmo records in Event Input queue
Troubleshooting: Sending test notifications to external programs after installing SCAuto
Troubleshooting: Sending test reports to external programs after installing SCAuto
Troubleshooting: Sending email only when opening emergency problems
Troubleshooting: Setting the category for incidents opened using email
Troubleshooting: Verify mail sent to myself was received