Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word
|Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
"cat food" (quotation marks)
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another
cat ^ mouse
|A combination of search types
( ) parentheses
- Administrator tasks
- Work with Smart Search
- Validate Smart Analytics configurations
- Add a content server for Smart Ticket and Hot Topic Analysis
- Configure TSL/SSL for two-way authentication
- Get ports occupied by Smart Analytics
- Use Smart Analytics Assistant
- Back up and restore content
- Perform indexing of large-scale knowledgebases
- Modify Stop Words for IDOL search engine
- Transfer Smart Analytics intelligence between systems
- Set stop phrases for Hot Topic Analytics
- Configure the number of Hot Topic Analytics blocks
- Work with Smart Ticket tuning
Validate Smart Analytics configurations
User Role: Administrator
Starting from Service Manager 9.51, you can validate your Smart Analytics configurations when the setup is finished, to make sure that Smart Analytics works properly.
To validate Smart Analytics configurations, follow these steps:
Click System Administration > Ongoing Maintenance > Smart Analytics > Configuration.
The Smart Analytics Configuration page opens.
From the toolbar, click the Validate button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fix issues if the validation fails.