Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Environment configuration
- Data management
- Form creation
- Display functions
- Advanced functions
- Web tier
- Windows client
- Implementing version control for your tailoring
A complete Service Manager environment consists of at least three different instances of Service Manager:
- A development instance, which is used to customize Service Manager to the exact needs of the customer
- A test instance, which is used to test these changes in a copy of the production system before promoting the customizations into production
- The production instance itself
These topics focus on environment configuration options within the system. The main utilities that enable environment configuration are:
- Development auditing — tracks changes to records during the development phase of implementation.
- Differential Upgrade — moves changes from a development environment into a test or production environment.
- Document Engine — defines processing rules for files.
- Revision control — reverts to a previous version of a file or format.
- Wizard creation tool — simplifies repetitive tasks.