Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
Example: Create and manage a revision
Applies to User Roles:
The following example steps through the process of creating and controlling a revision. The example uses the location file.
- Open the location record in Data Policy.
- Type a revision name on the Engine Specifications tab, for example type
- Type the maximum number of revisions allowed on the system for files controlled by this record. For example, type
- Save the location Data Policy record.
- Go to the Database Manager and type
locationin the Form field. A record list opens.
Every file in the record list is controlled by the Data Policy record Locations.
- Select a record, for example ACME HQ, based in Chicago.
- With the record open, click Revision > Create Revision from the More Actions menu. Include any relevant text to help you understand the revision and its purpose. Label this revision one.
- Make a change to the ACME HQ record and save.
- Click Revision > Create Revision from the More Actions menu. Label this revision two.
The maximum number of revisions has now been reached for the files controlled by the Locations Data Policy record. The next revision you make will eliminate the revision you labeled one.
Data Policy expressions
Data Policy and the object record
Data Policy and encryption
Access Data Policy
Change the columns in a record list
Change the encryption key value
Create a Data Policy revision