Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- IR Expert
- What is Knowledge Engineering?
- Standard record lists and IR Expert
- Database Dictionary and IR Expert
- IR query features
- Using IR Expert to create a query
- Searching the central Knowledge Base
- Promoting or discarding a solution candidate
- IR Expert tasks
- Special considerations for using IR Expert
- How IR Expert evaluates documents for relevance
- IR Expert scirexpert file
- Creating an IR file
- Updates to IR files
- IR keys and non-IR keys
- Find Solution
- Customizing IR Expert
- Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language analyzer
- IR Expert file descriptions
IR Query features
IR Expert offers these advantages when you design queries:
- You can reuse the same query against multiple files.
- You can tune, modify, and resubmit a query.
- You can copy information from a target record into the source field.
- You can use conditional logic to build other files (or IR-specific files) when you update conventional files.
What is Knowledge Engineering?
Standard record lists and IR Expert
Using IR Expert to create a query
Searching the central Knowledge Base
Promoting or discarding a solution candidate
IR Expert tasks