Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- IR Expert
- What is Knowledge Engineering?
- Standard record lists and IR Expert
- Database Dictionary and IR Expert
- IR query features
- Using IR Expert to create a query
- Searching the central Knowledge Base
- Promoting or discarding a solution candidate
- IR Expert tasks
- Access IR Expert
- Enable IR search for a file
- Regenerate IR keys
- Start IR Asynchronous mode
- Load data files with IR Expert keys
- Copy information from a query to a source record
- Create an IR Expert query
- Enable editing of Knowledge learning records
- Enable learning for Knowledge records
- Mark an Incident record as a solution candidate
- Modify an IR Expert query
- Promote or delete records in the protocore
- Search the central Knowledge Base
- Special considerations for using IR Expert
- How IR Expert evaluates documents for relevance
- IR Expert scirexpert file
- Creating an IR file
- Updates to IR files
- IR keys and non-IR keys
- Find Solution
- Customizing IR Expert
- Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language analyzer
- IR Expert file descriptions
IR Expert tasks
IR Expert tasks involve:
- Accessing IR Expert from other applications.
- Managing queries.
- Creating solution candidates.
- Searching the Knowledge Base.
What is Knowledge Engineering?
Standard record lists and IR Expert
IR Query features
Using IR Expert to create a query
Searching the central Knowledge Base
Promoting or discarding a solution candidate
IR Expert tasks
Access IR Expert
Regenerate IR keys
Copy information from a query to a source record
Create an IR Expert query
Mark an incident record as a solution candidate
Modify an IR Expert query
Promote or delete records in the protocore
Search the central Knowledge Base