Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- IR Expert
- What is Knowledge Engineering?
- Standard record lists and IR Expert
- Database Dictionary and IR Expert
- IR query features
- Using IR Expert to create a query
- Searching the central Knowledge Base
- Promoting or discarding a solution candidate
- IR Expert tasks
- Special considerations for using IR Expert
- How IR Expert evaluates documents for relevance
- IR Expert scirexpert file
- Creating an IR file
- Updates to IR files
- IR keys and non-IR keys
- Find Solution
- Customizing IR Expert
- Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language analyzer
- IR Expert file descriptions
Customizing IR Expert
IR Expert already supports English, German, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages without customization. However, you can configure IR Expert to perform efficiently in Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese or any other language with the use of stop words, stem, and suffix dictionaries by using these files:
- The stop word file: [ir_languagefiles_path]<language>.stp
- The stem dictionary: [ir_languagefiles_path]language.STM
- The suffix file: [ir_languagefiles_path]language.SUF
Note IR search is not supported for the Arabic and Hebrew languages.
For Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, see Chinese, Japanese, and Korean language analyzer.
Special considerations for using IR Expert
IR Expert scirexpert file
Updates to IR files
Database dictionary and IR Expert
IR keys and non-IR keys
Multiple files containing IR keys
How IR Expert evaluates documents for relevance
Searching for Chinese or Japanese and English words in a Chinese or Japanese environment
Searching for Chinese or Japanese and English words in an English environment
Creating an IR file