Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Miscellaneous tasks
- Open an incident
- View clocks
- View a list of services potentially affected by an outage
- Apply a template to complete an incident
- Access Incident Management views
- Relate a record to an incident record
- Update an incident
- Resolve an incident
- Access Incident Management reports
- Close multiple incident records
Apply a template to complete an incident
Templates enable users to quickly complete an incident record by automatically populating fields with the applicable information.
Note: Make sure that the user profile is enabled to use templates. For additional information on enabling a profile to use templates, see the related topics.
To apply a template to complete an incident:
- Click Incident Management > Incident Queue or view your To Do queue.
- Select an incident record.
- Click Apply Template. The Select Incident Template wizard opens.
- Double-click the template that you want to apply to the selected incident. You are returned to the selected incident record and the fields are automatically filled in with the values set in the template.
- Modify other fields, as needed.
- Click Save & Exit.
Note: Users authorized to use this template can also modify the template to meet their needs.