Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- IR Expert tasks
- Access IR Expert
- Enable IR search for a file
- Regenerate IR keys
- Start IR Asynchronous mode
- Load data files with IR Expert keys
- Copy information from a query to a source record
- Create an IR Expert query
- Enable editing of Knowledge learning records
- Enable learning for Knowledge records
- Mark an Incident record as a solution candidate
- Modify an IR Expert query
- Promote or delete records in the protocore
- Search the central Knowledge Base
Regenerate IR keys
Applies to User Roles:
You need to run an IR Regen only in the following cases:
- If you are changing an IR key (adding or removing a field);
- If you are changing global IR configurations, for example, the stop words file, the techterms file, and language definition files;
- If you have found an IR index corruption.
When needed, perform an IR Regen against a specific file or against all IR indexed files in the system.
Note: You can perform an IR Regen by using the System Definition or the Database Dictionary utility.
To regenerate the IR index for a table using System Definition:
- Log in to the Service Manager Windows client.
- Click System Definition > Tables.
- Double-click the name of the table containing the IR key you want to regenerate.
- From the Table management section, click Regenerate IR index.
Note: This option is only available for tables that contain an IR key.
Specify the regeneration parameters, and then click OK.
To regenerate the IR index for a table using Database Dictionary:
- Log in to the Service Manager Windows or web client.
- Click Tailoring > Database Dictionary.
In the Table field, type the table name (for example, incidents), and click Search.
The table details form opens.
From the table details form, click More or the More Actions icon, and select Regen IR.
- Click OK to run the IR Regen immediately or click the Schedule button to run it at a later time.
Note: When you run an IR Regen, Service Manager needs to clear the current indexes. This causes a delete to the back-end database. When Service Manager attempts to delete a large set of records, the database could run out of space for this activity and cause an error. Each supported database platform provides some type of transaction or undo log to back up data changes and allow a rollback in case of errors. If you encounter such an error, contact your database administrator and ask them to increase the size available for this purpose.
Some examples of the errors you could encounter are:
Oracle: SQL code=30036 message=ORA-30036: unable to extend segment by % in undo tablespace
SQL Server SQL State: 42000-9002 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The transaction log for database '%' is full
DB2 SQL State: 57011--964 Message: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0964C The transaction log for the database is full. SQLSTATE=57011
System Definition utility
Regenerating database keys
Regenerate database keys
Regen a database dictionary
Access IR Expert
Enable IR search for a file