Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- IR Expert tasks
- Access IR Expert
- Enable IR search for a file
- Regenerate IR keys
- Start IR Asynchronous mode
- Load data files with IR Expert keys
- Copy information from a query to a source record
- Create an IR Expert query
- Enable editing of Knowledge learning records
- Enable learning for Knowledge records
- Mark an Incident record as a solution candidate
- Modify an IR Expert query
- Promote or delete records in the protocore
- Search the central Knowledge Base
Search the central Knowledge Base
Applies to User Roles:
To search the central Knowledge Base:
- Click one of the following:
- Incident Management > Search Knowledgebase.
- Problem Management > Problem Control > Search Knowledge Base.
- Service Desk > Search Knowledge Base.
In the Search In section, make sure that all the knowledge base sources are selected.
Note: All the knowledge base sources are selected by default.
- Type your search text in the Search Knowledgebase text box.
(Optional) Click Advanced, and enter your search criteria in the Filter by... section.
- All of these words: Search for documents that contain every one of these words.
- This exact phrase: Search for documents that contain this phrase exactly. These words are not expanded with a thesaurus.
- Any of these words: Search for documents that contain any of these words.
- None of these words: Narrow down the search to include only documents that do not contain any of these words.
- (Optional) Narrow the search by specifying one or more fields in the Knowledge Library, Known Errors, Problems, Incidents, and Interactions sections.
Service Manager displays the search results.
Access IR Expert
Copy information from a query to a source record
Create an IR Expert query
Mark an incident record as a solution candidate
Modify an IR Expert query
Promote or delete records in the protocore