Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- IR Expert tasks
- Access IR Expert
- Enable IR search for a file
- Regenerate IR keys
- Start IR Asynchronous mode
- Load data files with IR Expert keys
- Copy information from a query to a source record
- Create an IR Expert query
- Enable editing of Knowledge learning records
- Enable learning for Knowledge records
- Mark an Incident record as a solution candidate
- Modify an IR Expert query
- Promote or delete records in the protocore
- Search the central Knowledge Base
Mark an incident record as a solution candidate
Applies to User Roles:
When you recommend a solution, you are suggesting that the solution is a good candidate for the Knowledge Base. This option is available only when you close an incident record.
To mark an incident record as a solution candidate:
- Click Incident Management > Search Incidents.
- Type the incident number and then click Search.
You can also click Search to generate a record list of existing incidents. Double-click a record to display it in the Incident form.
- Click Close Incident.
The status changes to Closed.
- In the Closure Code field, click Fill to select a code.
- In the Solution field, type a description of the solution to the incident record.
- If the resolution should be saved to the Service Manager knowledge base, select the Knowledge Candidate checkbox.
- Click Save.
The system automatically replicates relevant data from the incident record into the Knowledge Base candidate (protocore) file.
Access IR Expert
Copy information from a query to a source record
Create an IR Expert query
Modify an IR Expert query
Search the central Knowledge Base
Implement IR searches
Promote or delete records in the protocore