Searching the Help
To search for information in the Help, type a word or phrase in the Search box. When you enter a group of words, OR is inferred. You can use Boolean operators to refine your search.
Results returned are case insensitive. However, results ranking takes case into account and assigns higher scores to case matches. Therefore, a search for "cats" followed by a search for "Cats" would return the same number of Help topics, but the order in which the topics are listed would be different.
|A single word||
||Topics that contain the word "cat". You will also find its grammatical variations, such as "cats".|
You can specify that the search results contain a specific phrase.
Topics that contain the literal phrase "cat food" and all its grammatical variations.
Without the quotation marks, the query is equivalent to specifying an OR operator, which finds topics with one of the individual words instead of the phrase.
Two or more words in the same topic
|Either word in a topic||
|Topics that do not contain a specific word or phrase||
|Topics that contain one string and do not contain another||
|A combination of search types||
- Service Level Management administration tasks
- Create a new service contract
- Delete a service contract
- Edit a service contract
- Edit the Service Contract Control record
- View a service contract
- View an exceeded interaction allocation service contract
- View an exceeded incident allocation service contract
- View an expired service contract
- View an overspent service contract
- Create a Labor Performed Detail record
- Create a Parts Detail record
- View a Labor Performed Detail record
- View a Parts Detail record
- Enable automatic outage posting
- Disable automatic outage posting
- Change outage start and end times
- Enable outage spreading
- Disable outage spreading
- Edit the Service Level Management control record
- Link an SLA to a contact record
- Link an SLA to a company record
- Recalculate availability and response time
- View service agreement metrics
- Configure Process Targets for assignment groups
- Research overall results
- Research service metrics
- Research process metrics
- Check Service Level Target metrics on a dashboard
- Assign a Service Level Agreement to a department
- Assign a Service Level Agreement to a company
- Assign a default Service Level Agreement
- Assign an Operational Level Agreement or an Underpinning Contract to an assignment group
- Display a cost table and expense line record
- View an expense line record
- Configure time duration settings
- Example: How to make Service Catalog Item Expiration work
Edit the Service Level Management control record
Applies to User Roles:
System Administrator, Administrator
The Service Level Management (SLM) control record specifies the basic configuration options for the service agreements in Service Manager.
To edit the SLM control record options, follow these steps:
- Click Service Level Management > Administration > Edit Control Record.
- Select or clear any service agreement options.
Option Description Enable SLM Application Integrate Service Level Management with Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Management, and Service Desk. You must log out and log back in for changes to this record to take effect. Check Service Hours Prevent users from opening Incident records outside of the service hours defined in the service agreement. A dialog box advises the operator that service is unavailable. Allow Override of Service Hours Violation Permit new service desk interactions outside of the hours specified in the service agreement. Default SLA Choose the default SLA to apply when no SLA is specified for the contact’s department or company. Default OLA Choose the default Operational Level Agreement (OLA) to apply when no OLA is specified for the contact’s department or company. Effective Condition Specifies the condition under which the service agreements are operating (e.g. the"agreed" phase). Group Table Name Specifies the default group list for an OLA and UC. Schedule Time Interval
Specify in how many minutes the corresponding sla schedule record will expire after a record (for example, a Change or Incident record) is created. You can select one of the three options:
- 2 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
By default, no option is selected and 2 minutes is used.
Standard Alerts List the alerts that occur when the application does not generate specific alerts.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.